Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Qualification Code: 98680
Duration: 4 Years Full Time (Max 10 years)
Total Credits: 480 (40 Modules)
Admission / Entry Requirements:
To be registered as a candidate for a Bachelor of Laws Degree you must satisfy the admission requirements set out in the myChoice UNISA information brochure. The Following is a guide:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with admission to Bachelor’s Degree.
- 50% in the language of teaching and learning.
This Bachelor of Laws degree curriculum consist of 40 modules which includes:
- 35 Compulsory modules
- These modules cover Level 1 to Level 4 of the course curriculum.
- 5 Electives
- Modules chosen depend on desired areas of specialisation.
The Graduate Academy tuition:
- The Graduate Academy provides tuition for the B.COM Degrees on a full time & part time basis.
- The curriculum for this Degree is structured according to the rules as specified by UNISA.
- Fees for tuition are payable to The Graduate Academy.
Important information about UNISA that you need to know:
- As a new student you need to apply to UNISA within specified application dates.
- Application periods per year are announced by UNISA. Usually August / September for Semester 1 and May for Semester 2.
- You can now apply for a maximum of three qualifications if you meet all the admission requirements for your chosen qualifications.
- Unisa will assess your application using a points score system and inform you whether or not your application was successful and the qualification(s) for which you have been accepted (ie make you an offer). Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
- You will be required to accept the offer. You must confirm Unisa’s offer within a specific period of time. If you receive more than one offer from Unisa, you must confirm which offer you are accepting when you pay the acceptance fee.
The current application period for 2018 is August / September. UNISA does not allow any late applications or registrations. Application fees at UNISA are payable by you the student. UNISA will supply you with study guides and tutorial letters. Prescribed textbooks are required for certain modules.
Steps to Apply?
- Apply with The Graduate Academy (Complete Graduate Academy Application form)
- Apply with UNISA (TGA will assist you with this)
- Await confirmation of acceptance by UNISA for chosen degree.
- Register with UNISA (During relevant application period) – you will require final school results for this.
- Join myUNISA (TGA will assist you with this)
- Begin Lectures at The Graduate Academy (Semester 1 (Jan/Feb) – Semester 2 (July))
We look forward to welcoming you as a student of The Graduate Academy!